Monday, December 8, 2008

Christie Hefner Resigns from Playboy and hints she may be part of Obama's Cabinet.

Will Christie Hefner be America's first Secretary of Centerfolds? The soon-to-be-former Playboy Enterprises CEO gave an interview to CNBC this morning in which she hinted that she may be angling for a role in the Obama Administration.

"Like many Americans, I've been struck by the call to service that was the hallmark of the campaign, and I was an early supporter of Senator Obama, now President-Elect Obama, and I believe deeply in what he wants to do for our country," she told Larry Kudlow and Erin Burnett. "I'll be looking for ways in which I can serve to be helpful in that regard."

Hefner also denied that the timing of her departure has anything to do with Playboy's struggles. "Quite the opposite. I wouldn't be able to step down if the company weren't in such strong shape."

Source Portfolio.com 


Home
RSS Feed
Email Subscribe
Tell a Friend

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I met Christie Hefner not long after she took over the helm at Playboy almost 30 years ago.

I was working at the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago. A student group invited Christie to speak. She was dynamite!

A few female students were upset that the student group invited her, but after Christie spoke, everyone knew what a bright young woman she was.

President-elect Barack Obama would do well to appoint her to his Administration.

George Spink
Los Angeles
Web Sites and Blogs

P.S. Thank you for your kind words about me on GretaWire this morning. I placed a link to your blog on George's Blog. You can find it by following the above link.