Thursday, September 4, 2008

Commitment Phobia Gene No Way.

Now I guess I have heard everything. I have a son. I have spent my life teaching him that integrity is important. I have spent my life teaching him to treat women and men with respect.

I have been told that men are visual and that is why they cheat on women. ??? I am one of the most visual people around. When I learn or talk to others it is very visual. I am not promiscuous because I am visual. This is an excuse made by men and women for this behavior.

In my view, the problem lies with people who don't know how to make a commitment and when they know they may have made a mistake in getting involved with someone they don't have the guts to end it. If you cannot be committed then be honest. This boils down to integrity. Not a Gene.

We all make our own choices. Infidelity is a choice. And if we blame this on a gene, we will be taking away even more responsibility. If you ask me just make a sugar pill and tell the men that if they take the pill then they will be faithful. That should work just as well as telling them it is a gene.

0 Comments: