Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tim McGraw Wants To Be Governor Of Tennessee


 

Tim McGraw says he wants to run for office someday in Tennessee. Not only that, but he's already getting the endorsement of former President Bill Clinton.

"I think he's got it," Clinton says. "The Democrats need candidates whom people can relate to in a personal way, people who understand their lives and their concerns and share their values. And I think that's something Tim can do without even pretending."

McGraw says Clinton is "the best President we've ever had".

Still, Tim says he has no immediate plans to enter politics. "Maybe in 10 or 15 years when the music has died down," he said.

It was revealed that McGraw was recruited to run for senate a few years ago, but opted out to focus on family and singing. Plus, he really has his eye on governor.

"It's more of a leadership role, and I think that's something that I'd do well," he said. "That doesn't rule out senator; I just think that as governor of a state, especially where I live, there would be a lot more opportunities to make some decisions and change some things."


Home
RSS Feed
Email Subscribe
Tell a Friend

0 Comments: