Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Addition to our Great People Blog Roll-Angry Chinese Blogger

This is a very interesting Blog. Here is the reason the Angry Chinese Blogger blogs. 

Why am I blogging?

There are two reasons why I am blogging, the first of these is that I have actually lived in China, and I don't mean Taiwan or Hong Kong. I mean the real heart and body of China - Mainland China.

I have seen things that most people never get to see, and experience events from a perspective that most people do not realize exists. Naturally, I feel a need to tell people about it.

The other reason that I am blogging, the main one as things stand, is because I occasionally feel incredibly exasperated at the ignorance that is allowed to exist in the world, and by the actions of several groups who seems to be going to concerted effort to maintain this ignorance.

These groups being:

  • Politicians with a vested interest in ensuring that current events and historical accounts are recorded only in a way that is favorable to their cause.
  • Media agencies that care less about informing the public of both sides of an argument, than they do about reinforcing people's views on the side that most suits the agency.
  • Media bosses who care less about providing an fair account of the news than they do about making money.
As such, I am strongly of the opinion that too much important information is being controlled by people who shouldn’t be trusted to hand out complementary perfume samples, let alone direct public opinion.

For this reason, I decided to try and provide a source of China news that is not widely covered by the “big media”, and to cover events from the angles that they conveniently forget exist.

I also feel compelled to doing this in English, a language that is accessible to much of the world.

Out of this, the blog that is Angry Chinese Blogger was born.

Check it out here and in our Great People Blog Roll. 


Home
RSS Feed
Email Subscribe
Tell a Friend

0 Comments: