Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cindy Michaels Anchor for WVII and WFVX in Bangor, Maine Harassed for Sarah Palin Resemblance


NEW YORK - News Anchor Cindy Michaels for WVII and WFVX in Bangor, Maine says viewers recently began accusing her of trying to copy Gov. Sarah Palin's look.

It's been less than a month since Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was announced as John McCain's running mate and since then, she has become an overnight sensation with the media.

As a result, Michaels has also been receiving some of her own media attention.

She has long brown hair that she sometimes wears up in a style similar to Palin's, and she also wears distinctive glasses.

"My own mother said, 'you look just like Sarah Palin.' She went on and on," Michaels said Tuesday. "Friends and family, or if I go out on stories, everyone says, 'Hey, Sarah.'"

Michaels gets e-mails and phone calls from people who insist she is trying to sway voters with the Palin look. Some callers into her station have even left rude insults on her voicemail.

"What is this k mart version of Sarah Palin? What did you do, lose your little cheapo glasses?" a person, who refused to leave their name, said on the network's voicemail.

"I got a call from a woman who said, 'Take your hair down. It shouldn't be up,'" Michaels said. "I told her, I've been wearing my hair like this forever. I told her I was using that look long before Sarah Palin was on the scene. The woman said, 'I know. But it's not a look you should be doing right now.'"





Source:www. ibtimes.com

0 Comments: