Friday, September 26, 2008

John Elway engaged (Photo) to former Raiders cheerleader


Rocky Mountain News Report

Is love lovelier the second time around?

Broncos Hall-of-Famer John Elway is betting on it.

He asked steady girlfriend Paige Green, a former Raiderette, to marry him while the cute couple was vacationing in Italy last week.

“I’m very lucky to find Paige,” Elway told me. “She’s a great gal. I’m looking forward to a long life together.”

The quarterback and the cheerleader met three years ago during a celebrity golf tournament in Los Angeles, where Green, an actress, called home. But it wasn’t until seven months later when Elway spotted the lovely lady on an infomercial that he thought to contact her.

A year ago, she moved to Denver where the two have made their nest in Elway’s Cherry Hills Village home. Elway’s first marriage to Janet Elway ended after 18 years and four children.

Craig Andrisen, one of Elway’s best buds, said he knew the two would get engaged eventually, he just didn’t know when.

“I’m ecstatic for the both of them,” said Andrisen who recently married for the second time to Christy Luth. “At my wedding, he sat in the back row. Now he’s moving up to the front.”

Elway, 48, and Green, 41, haven’t set their wedding date yet. For the Italy proposal, the former quarterback came prepared with diamond ring in tow. Did he make the surprise proposal romantic?

“I tried to, yeah,” he said. “I think she said, ‘Yes,’ the third time I asked her.”


Home
RSS Feed
Email Subscribe
Tell a Friend

0 Comments: